:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Oct 20, 2003

Mystic River 

Its a wow! all the way. Where has the director in Clint Eastwood been hiding all this time? Or was it me who missed out on him? Whatever it is his latest directorial offering, Mystic River, has definitely made the cut and I can confidently say that it will be one of the top five movies of 2003. While reading Mystic River, I knew it was the right Hollywood material, the question was who'd grab it first? It was one movie I had been waiting to see since I heard that it was being made into one, if only they'd release it.

Everyone did great in this movie, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden, Lawrence Fishburne and Laura Linney, but the its the first two, Penn and Robbins who have really done some stellar performing. Do I smell an Oscar here? The story is about three childhood buddies, their pasts connected by an abduction and their futures connected by a murder. As Eastwood's Dirty Harry says, "go ahead, make my day" what more can I say, make his day, its worth it!

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY