:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Feb 25, 2004

A Wild Sheep Chase 

Prominent Japanese novelist Haruki Marakami's post modern literary effort. It is definitely very different from any of the novels I have read recently. I'll have to reread it to understand properly. The first few chapters are confusing and more than once I did consider giving up reading it.

There absurd sub-incidents, hope rereading will throw some light on them. It is really what you can call an ultra-modern novel, with meanings at different levels. I am trying hard to understand, but I have to give it Marakami for his very distinctive and refreshing style of writing. The stroy is also enigmatic as the style, although it takes some time to get to the crux of the plot.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY