:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Sep 1, 2004

Juan Jose Campanella's, Son of the Bride is one of the near perfect achievements in film making I have seen in a long while. The story, the dialog, the camera, the acting, the editing, everything is perfect, there are no loose ends - a beautiful film, I think I should buy the DVD.

The story takes place in modern Argentina, where the the protagonist - aka the son of the bride is a restaurant owner, there are too many appointments and conversations crowding his life but somewhere along the way a heart attack makes a guest appearance. The story goes on from there. Cannot call it much of a story, but all I can say is it didn't even register in my mind while I was watching the film. The love between his father and his mother(an Alzheiemer patient) is touching, so is the poem his li'l daughter writes. When you dissect the movie the events it build upon seems trifling, but watch in its entirety - you have a gem in world cinema.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY