:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Jul 30, 2004

I,Robot

It is easier to criticize than to praise. I have always been lavish in my criticiscm of Hollywood, for once I'd like to rectify that and give Hollywood its due. I,Robot is a movie only Hollywood can produce with the finesse it has. From Isaac Asimov's story of the same name, the film stars Will Smith as the protagonist in this futuristic saga set AD 2035.

In this scenario, thirty years from the present, robots serve as helpers to all human-beings creating almost a Walmart Superstore of robots called US Robotics which aims to put one robot in every home. But somewhere in the process, some of the robots go 'Darwinistic'(read evolve) and we have a major riot in our hands. Will Smith gives a good performance, the robots are cool too and the graphics are pretty neat. Born sci-fi readers might have a different opinion about the film, but for common man(woman) like me this is as good a sci-fi movie gets in Hollywood before it gets lost in the 'matrix' and gets reduced to incomprehensible jibber-jabber. All credit to Alex Proyas.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY