:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Jul 12, 2004

Prince of Tides

This is the first time I saw Barbara Streisand movie and she's not bad as I had expected. She acts well and I cannot say much about the direction, though nothing stands out. Nick Nolte is an ex-football coach with a scarred childhood and a suicidal sister. Streisand plays the therapist and the doctor for his sister. I think I should read the book now(written by Pat Conroy, the novel has the same name as the film). In a way it is a love story, which as it progresses brings out scary skeletons from the closet of past, it just a little stop short of being your prototypical chick flick.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY