:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Oct 17, 2018

Six Seconds by Rick Mofina : Fiction, of the throwaway paperback kind that you can comfortably leave in an airline seat pocket or the departure lounge once you've finished it. It's been ages since I read something of this category. It was ok, an extremely fast read, mostly because I was skipping the obvious. The beginning was good, that was why after reading a few sample pages I decided to check it out. I would not get into the science behind the story or implausibility of certain events, all in all it was a quick engrossing read with chapters which can be skimmed in a few minutes.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: An emotional book about unhinged people. Not sure how it became a huge hit. I guess it just goes on to prove that the reading population has very different tastes than me. Meh.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY