:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Nov 27, 2003

The Exorcist 

Can horror movies be termed watchable? Atleast in my moviemeter, the Evil Dead Series, Nightmare on Elm Street series etc never caused any ripples. Well, the Exorcist is quite a different story, considering it was made thirty years ago and it still doesn't seem dated.

A generation and a half of movie goers have watched the Exorcist before me, so any high handed comments from me, I think, is totally unnecessary. I loved the movie, how a usually unconvincing story is made convincing, without taking any sides. All the special effects in the movie are purely mechanical, no digital makeovers were possible at the time. A technically perfect movie with a strong storyline about a much contraversial subject and a real horror movie for a change, thats what the Exorcist is for me.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY