:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Nov 29, 2003

Naomi Klein's No Logo 

I started reading Naomi Klein's No Logo yesterday, can't believe she's just 5 years older than myself and has already published such a ground breaking book. Cool!

From what I have read in the first few pages of the book, it seems like nobody is selling products these days, they are selling brands. For ex, I quote from the book "..Tommy Hilfiger, meanwhile is less in the business of manufacturing clothes than he is in the business of signing his name. The company is run entirely through licensing agreements, with Hilfiger commissioninng all its products from a group of other companies: Jockey International makes Hilfiger underwear, Pepe Jeans London makes Hilfiger jeans, Oxford Industries make Tommy shirts, the Stride Rite Corporation makes its footwear. What does Tommy Hilfiger manufacture? Nothing at all." This is new information for me. I am all geared up to read the rest.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY