Njan
Prakashan is very much a Satyan Anthikkad movie, with occasional
strokes of brilliance from Sreenivasan's pen. Sreenivasan continues
being Sreenivasan. Njan Prakashan's script is Sreenivasan's opportunity
to speak his mind, deliver a social commentary to the masses, packaged
in a wholesome Sathyan Anthikad movie. He does not waste the opportunity, although with the intermittent voice-overs in Sreenivasan's voice it is established that it is an older person's take on the current Kerala society.
P.R.Akash, Fahadh's character is the new generation M.A.Dhavan. He is a caricature of a man and Fahadh delivers without much effort. Nikhila Vimal's role is much smaller than I had anticipated. Devika Sanjeev is a find. Anju Kurien could've used less make-up for a girl who harvests 30-40 lbs cassavas with her bare hands.
A light entertainer, I found myself smiling most of the time I was watching this movie. What else is a lazy Saturday afternoon flick supposed to do?

0 comments:
Post a Comment