Search this blog

Sep 22, 2010

10 Most Inspirational Songs : My List

This is the tin-eared music lover's list of the ten most inspirational songs ever. If music was a parking lot, I'd be using the handicapped parking spot, because my genetic makeup lacks enough music genes for genuine appreciation of the subject. As a result, I am prone to go for the lyrics(I words) and even include some rap tunes in my list. Some of it might be cheesy or country, loud or mushy, but this post is my bookmark - a personal list tied to events, people and places in my life, a mix-tape for the long journey home, whenever I need to come home.



10.John Mayer: Waiting on the world to change
Music man with his fingers on the pulse of change, reflecting on our times.



9. Alles: Sabrina Setlur and Xavier Naidoo.
I do not know German, but I used a translator because this song was so soothingly likeable, esp. Xavier Naidoo's part.





8.I'll be Missin' you : Puff Dady, Faith Evans,Sting
(not the original but the tribute to Notorius B.I.G.) A song of tribute, memories.



7. UB40: Higher Ground 
Reggae effortlessly lifts you to a higher ground



6. Blake Shelton: Some Beach Somewhere
 A simple American pleasure, go to Hawaii or the Caribbean when you need sunny skies.
Link to the music video


5. The Last DJ: Tom Petty
Get back at the system that got you down song.





4. Tim McGraw: Live Like You Were Dying
Carpe Diem. 'nuff said.


3. Vangelis: Chariots of Fire 
Only instrumental in the whole list. Even without words it soars the spirit. Wonderful movie too.
 


2. Baz Luhrmann/Mary Schmich : Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)
The ultimate advice column ever, in a good away. Mary Schmich, I like you better than your mistaken identity - Kurt Vonnegut.





1. Lee Ann Womack : I hope you dance.
This songs pops up like my guardian angel, quite unexpectedly in the darkest of the hours.




Reactions:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...