:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Jun 20, 2004

Love and Death in Long Island

It had Jason Priestley on the cover - thats the reason I took this movie. I thought it'd be fun to see Priestley doing a serious role, other than the teeny bopper stuff of his I had been familiar with. I was a regular watcher of Beverly Hills 90210, the original series when it started airing in the early nineties and Brandon Walsh played by Jason Priestley was one of the goody goody chocolate box heroes who appealed to the age I was at the time.

Coming back to Long Island, it didn't doesn't ring up any high scores in my register. But its a different movie all the same - one could say its a bit quirky, even. It also stars the British actor John Hurt who plays an author in present day England who has just started discovering modern day contraptions like the Television and the Microwave and on the way he also discovers Ronnie Bostock(played by Priestley) and this leads him to Long Island, NY where Bostock's home is. I can warn you it is a slow movie and movie is mainly Hurt's rather than Priestley's.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY