:::: MENU ::::

A movie and book review blog

  • Reading films, watching books,....
  • Mind candy in the dark
  • All the books left to read...

Jul 1, 2004

Anne of the Thousand Days

A short course on British history for me. I have heard the name of Henry VIII many times though I didn't know anything about him as I was not enchanted by the numerous British Kings and Queens, their hunting parties, tea parties, coronations and related antics. Henry VIII movie was suggested by one of the fellow bloggers, so I thought I shall give it a try.

Anne of Thousand Days is about Anne Boleyn, one time wife of Henry the Eighth and the mother of Elizabeth I. It is an interesting movie, a crash course in the Britian of the middle ages and it is an entertaining story too. Personal and political games abound the story in which Richard Burton plays Henry. Not bad for a movie based on a historical plot.

0 comments:

Take me to the top of the page BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY